Tuesday, February 14, 2012

You the Man Stanley!! Tiger, not so much...

Okay, I know I'm gonna sound like I am jumping on the Kyle Stanley mini-bandwagon here, but he really has been my favorite rising star for the last two years. I picked him out a couple years ago while he was going through Q-school after I saw how far and straight he drove the ball. Another reason I liked him was his stature is a lot like mine, yet he can still pound the ball out there with the best of them. He ended up finishing in the top 25 in Q-school, so he was good for the 2011 PGA tour season. He ended up with 4 top-10's and a 2nd place finish in 2011, which I thought was very impressive. I knew he would get a win in 2012, I just didn't think it would come as quickly as it did. He not only won the Waste Management Phoenix Open but he should have won the week before when he placed 2nd in the Farmer's Insurance Open after an 8 on the closing hole! After taking Pebble off this last week he'll be back in action the next couple weeks and I expect more big things from him. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him in the top 10 in the world, or possibly the top 5 by the end of this year. I am also predicting 2 more wins from him and a really good showing in the majors, especially Augusta.

How about that meltdown from Tiger on Sunday!! He looked really great over the first 3 days and was #1 in GIR, which just goes to show you, he has his game mostly under control. He was putting way too much though to win the tourney. I still believe he will win this year, who knows when it will come. Every time he plays though, it seems like he's in contention, so you can't say he is "done for". However, he definitely isn't who he used to be. Congrats to Phil on an amazing Sunday run, it's good to see he's still got it after starting the year looking like garbage.

Also wanted to add, I played golf at Westwoods Golf Club in Arvada with my brother and some friends about 2 weeks ago. Man I love that course! This is where I grooved my game into the average golfer I am and it was fun to see all the familiar holes again. We played the Silo/Sleeping Indian 18. The weather was brutal though, at least 20 mph winds and it was pretty darn cold. Can't wait to get back out there in some nice weather!

1 comment:

  1. I still read your blog, I always enjoy it! Educational and entertaining...

    ReplyDelete