Monday, June 21, 2010

Hawaii Golf.....

Well it has been waaaay too long since my last post but I have been in a big transition. The wifey got a job in Honolulu, so we have been moving for the last couple of months, but have finally started to settle in.

Now, where to start? The US Open just wrapped up and I must say, I was really pulling for Tiger on Sunday but by the time McDowell was walking up the 18th with a 1 shot lead, I was happy he was going to be the next US Open champ. He seems to be a very well spoken, friendly, fun golfer to watch. His outfits are pretty sweet too, minus the hat. I'm sure that David Feherty is a very happy man right now and I would have loved to hear him do some reporting Sunday afternoon. I really hope to see McDowell have some more success on the tours this year.




Hawaii

So, I have been waiting on my clubs to arrive to the Islands for almost a month now and I'm starting to lose it. They will get here on the 25th, so I hope to have my babies unloaded by the 26th. I have been dying to play the courses out here. Not only are most of them beautiful looking but the Kama'aina (local) rates are unreal. I can play Turtle Bay Resort (Palmer Course), which hosts an LPGA Tour event and used to host a Champions Tour event for $75 on the weekend. Yeah this is a lot but normally for visitors it is $200. A few of the holes go right alongside the ocean and look amazing. Most of the other courses are around $40-$80 for weekday/weekend play and again, the views and weather are amazing. It is a little breezy but its almost never that bad. Luckily, I hit the ball low so it should help to keep it out of the wind. I have also met a few people that golf so I'm pretty pumped to play with them. I need to watch the money though cause I am trying to keep my Mesquite fund going. I only need roughly $800 dollars by November! Haha, sounds easy but for a stay-at-home dad that likes to golf its rough going!! I'll keep you posted on the Hawaii golf and the Mesquite trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment