Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Tiger? / Masters Prediction

New Tiger?

So after reading about Tigers practice rounds on Monday and Tuesday and listening to his press conference, it seems like he has really changed how he will interact with the public and go about his business on the course. It was said by people following him during his practice round with Fred Couples and Jim Furyk that he was acknowledging the crowd when they would say something to him. One guy yelled, "Its good to have you back Tiger" and Tiger looked at him, nodded and said, "Thanks man". Tiger also said during his press conference that he would acknowledge the fans more and said, “I haven't done that in the past few years, and that was wrong of me, I’m just trying to be more respectful of the game". When talking about getting hot on the golf course, Woods also said he is going to try and not be, but that means he will also not be as "exuberant, either".

Now if you ask me, there is a lot of bologna in here and it smells pretty bad. I think it is great that Tiger is talking about interacting with fans and all, cause I would love to get a "fist pump" from him, but I am curious if this is something that he will only do in practice rounds and also if its something that will die down in a year from now. As far as his temper goes, I think he will be cooler off the tee box when he has a bad shot but I don't think that will make him cooler if he sinks a 40 footer for birdie in a big situation. I also think that over time Tiger will start to lose his cool almost as much as he was in years past. Tiger also talked about meditating and practicing his Buddhism like he did a while back. Except for as long as I can remember Tiger has had a bad temper and has thrown clubs, so I'm not sure if practicing Buddhism will help much with that. I'm all for it though if it helps him.

Masters Prediction

So after last weeks Shell Houston Open I thought that Anthony Kim might be the favorite for winning this weekend, but I think if his driver is as bad as last weekend, he is in for a rough week. I also believe that Woods will make the cut by a few strokes, but will probably finish somewhere just outside the top 10. Now I hope that AK or Tiger will win it but my bold prediction is that.....oh man......it kills me to say this.......but I think its.........Ian Poulter' s year.

Who I would like to win:
Tiger Woods
Anthony Kim
Adam Scott
David Duval
Sergio Garcia

Who I would not like to win:
Ian Poulter
Lee Westwood
Ian Woosnam
Robert Allenby
Soren Hansen

2 comments: